Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I don't quite know what to say. It's such a long, long story.

The kids made sure they asked the lawyer a lot of good questions. When the judge asked questions of them, they seemed to have the right answers.

Daughter-in-law's mother still has temporary custody of grandson, but the lawyer and judge made sure that they both knew that it was a seriously "temporary" situation. She is giving them 60 days to start to make some differences. When his other grandmother asked about "services", she was told by the new CPS worker that she had no right to ANY services!! (Yay!!! Praise the Lord!!!) She was told that they would help her with WIC and food for the baby and also medical services for the baby, but that she received nothing else. NOTHING! She was quite disappointed with this new development.

We have also since learned that she has been panhandling with grandson for money. I'm so mad I can barely tolerate her because of this. And at least CPS has been notified of this behavior. They are now watching her to make sure she does nothing of this kind again. She just says that people feel sorry for her and choose to hand her money to help her. Umm... Yeah. That's it.

We are still fighting with all our might for that precious, precious baby. I won't give up for even a second!!

The last few days have also been eye-openers on many fronts. ...MANY fronts. I don't feel comfortable going there right now. Maybe in another day or so I will feel as such, but for now, I can't go there. The last week has been terribly stressful and traumatic. (Yes, more stressful than normal.) Just suffice it to say that I need people right now. I need friends. I need many prayers right now.

Thank you all for all your support. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. It means much more than you know...

Thank you...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for you. I know it's a pretty rough time. My bil and sil are having some issues with custody with my sil's ex. It's a mess, that causing stress and too much money they don't have especially with a new baby.

Beej said...

I can't imagine things getting MORE stressful for you. I'm so sorry.

Praying for you and hoping for some better days coming soon!

brandy101 said...

Wait a minute...PANHANDLING!??

Are you SERIOUS???

I am SHOCKED.

Please dont tell me they have the baby with them when they do this?

I mean, I know the economy is bad....but COME ON!

More prayers your way, as always, hon!

Anonymous said...

Yup, she panhandles with the baby. She gets more money that way.

UUGGGG!!!!

Tammy

Deirdre said...

Oh my word.
Thinking of you, as always.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Always here for you; always have you in my prayers. Wishing you all the best with the new developments and hope that things can resolve soon! *hugs*

Trip to Scarborough Faire