Friday, January 09, 2009

Here's one family Christmas pic we had taken.

December 14, 2008Not even 15 minutes later, we changed grandson's clothes and took another set of pics since he turned exactly six months old on the same day. Isn't it strange that he looks a bit older in the second pics? It was hot that day (about 80), though, and I think he was just more comfortable in the second set of clothes that we had bought for him when he was only a couple months old!

I have to tell you about an experience we had a couple of weeks ago. We took the baby (as well as the other grandmother) to Costco to get prescriptions and things for him. I carried him around in my arms as we passed all the people we knew who work there. (They do the "samples" thing where they cook something and everyone around them gets to taste it.) We are friends with most of those people since son used to do that job, too. One newer guy said, "Wow, the baby really looks like his mother!" Hubby and I looked at each other and asked, "How do you know that?" He pointed to me and said, "Well just look at the two of you. He resembles you SO much." Hubby and I just laughed as we told this guy that I am his grandmother and not his mother. And of course the other grandmother turned red in the face and gritted her teeth. She was angry. She really hates to hear that kind of thing! Oh, well!!! :D

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Aww! He DOES look older! And he does completely look like you! I've always thought that. :D

brandy101 said...

He DOES have your smile and eyes!

Adorable...I pray things turn in a good direction for you and baby*s sake :)

Trip to Scarborough Faire