Sunday, February 01, 2009

I've relapsed. This bug just won't go away! I'm on my second round of antibiotics now. Hopefully just a few more days and I'll be over this crazy thing.

I saw grandson, but only briefly, today. He just finished taking his antibiotics a few days ago and I surely don't want him to get sick again. He's been on meds the last 2 months of his life, and he's only 7 months old! ...poor baby. I didn't hold or cuddle him at all. I dropped off diapers and wipes for him and 'goo-gooed' him from a distance. He's such a special little guy. Always has a smile for his grateful grandma.

I spent about an hour or so with son, girlfriend, and her two little boys today. It was very nice. We talked, laughed, we shared, and we were all happy. I found myself wondering in my head if this "is what it's supposed to be like". I truly appreciated the simpleness and joyfulness of it. If THIS is what it is supposed to be like, I think I'll enjoy this relationship. I have no worries about this new baby coming in August. I don't worry about him/her being taken care of or being safe. I don't worry about her taking care of herself while pregnant. It's so nice not to have any worries. It's a complete turnaround from what I felt before. I think this time will be a much different experience. Thank Goodness!

It's quite nice to not feel stress about it all.

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

Yes, I hope this is the beginning of a great ending!

I'm hoping this new normal relationship will help also to give your son confidence that he has a right to his son and it's worth it to keep fighting hard for him!

I will send all the good vibes I can muster up your way, Tammy girl. Lots of love to you and your family. xo.

Trip to Scarborough Faire