I know that all my blog posts have been mostly about the grandchildren lately. It's taken over my life more than I realized. I love my son with all my heart, but I can't even explain to you what's it's like being a grandmother. The love is amazing. Those sweet smiling faces make your heart swell so many times over! I'm sorry, but I said faces (plural). I've only seen one face so far, but I'm so eager to see the other. Then of course, once they are married, I'll have two more precious children to add to my brood. I know it sounds strange, but I already feel like they are part of our family -- and I like that. It never hurts to have as many people as possible to care for the children. There's no such thing as TOO much love. (OK, spoling is one thing, but love and caring is something totally different.)
ANYWAY...!! ;D
My Spring Break went very well. I spent the week resting and relaxing with my family. As usual, we sat around in our pajamas most of the day and talked and laughed and watched movies. My sister and I had long talks into the night. Quite a learning experience of life since I married and moved away from home. All in all a very restful 'vacation.' I know that it must sound totally boring to some. I know that doesn't sound like much of a sun-filled, amusement park, walking on the beach kind of vacation that some go on about, but to me, it is totally priceless. Sometimes my life is so stress ridden for reasons I won't go into now that it's wonderful to sit back, relax, and worry about nothing!
I cooked several nights. I LOVE cooking for them because they all believe I'm so good at it! :P I cook things they love but don't know how to make. I did teach my sister a lot about some of that while I was there, though. I know she will continue on and try them herself once I am gone. What a compliment! (Even my mom asked for my liver recipe and she can't stand to touch the stuff, but my dad loves it!)
Now it's back to the daily grind and and all that good stuff! :D
I'll try to put up a couple of pictures in the next few days. Thank you all for your well wishes and constant prayers.
Have a wonderful week!!!




2 comments:
I love hanging with my sisters and mom, too. It really is restful and fun just hanging out, making food, catching up...
So glad you had a good time!
:)
You sound so happy. This makes me happy for you. :) Welcome home.
Post a Comment